Sunday, July 10, 2016

600 Miles in my Corolla Part 2

We departed the next morning now a twosome as my brother would be joining me for the return trip and made our preparations for the drive. We packed up our things and filled the cooler with drinks and ice. Then we decided to take my sister and stop at my cousins house before returning home. It was about a half hour away and was conveniently on our return route anyway. 


While there I took some photos of her cats

 
Toby was quite happy to have his picture taken and basically modeled by staying still


George didn't like having his picture taken and kept showing me this

After hanging out for a while we decided to make our return trip. On the way out of town I got gas and calculated my miles per gallon. I drove 343.7 and burned 8.8 gallons giving me an average of 39.05 MPG. A person best in any vehicle I had ever driven. 

We had a pretty uneventful rest of the drive we had no issues and we stopped one more time at a rest stop. 




Overall I was really glad I decided to take my own car and drive down separately. It gave me a great opportunity to have a less stressful drive down and the opportunity to better enjoy the time alone. I also gained a lot more confidence in my car as it was a rock throughout the entire trip and never skipped a beat. My planning turned out to be unnecessary and it got extraordinary fuel economy throughout the trip. It was really validating to have it perform so well and it makes me feel like I made an excellent choice in vehicle. The trip went really well, I enjoyed the wedding and one of my cousin's wife who majored in public health and she gave me some really great advice as I plan to major in the same thing. The wedding was beautiful and I had a good time. Overall I don't think it really could have gone better. 





No comments:

Post a Comment